Saturday, May 10, 2014

Happiness.

        Finally i get a day off from my busy work. As it's a schooling day today, so i don't have to give tuition to my students. and it is such an amazing day to me. Somehow i still need to prepare worksheet for my primary one students, as they are having exams next week, which was a headache for me. But then i came to realize that whatever grades they get , i have done everything i could to help them. only now i realize that how hard it is to be a teacher, and yet i used to be the one who sit comfortably in the chair and complaint about my teacher. I am truly sorry about my bad attitude. I should have put myself in your shoes before i make any judgements. Guess im experiencing the karma right now. lol!

        Just when i drove myself home back from work yesterday, i tuned in to a chinese radio station hoping to hear some classics chinese songs. But it turn out to be a interviewing session with a singer,James who's from england but started his singing career in taiwan, he can speak decent chinese and he has a cute accent, well i think it's cute lol . I thought it will be a boring session so i kinda want to change the channel, but then the dj started to ask some questions which caught my attention.

" I heard that you have gone through a hard time when u first started your singing career in Taiwan. And why would you switch your career, since you can make ransom of money with ur previous job." asked the dj.

      He hesitated a bit, and started to answer the question. It was his answer that deeply intrigued me.

        "erm. There's no doubt that my previous career provide me a lot, but then i wasn't happy back in England. I have been indulge myself in musics whenever i feel stressed or unhappy, then i realized that being able to play guitar and compose songs would make me happy. Thats when i realize that life's too short to spent most of your time doing something you don't like. Then i take a risk, to quit the job and flew to taiwan to venture myself into music." he replied.

     it was a simple answer. But it definitely made me think a lot about it.

      Some people define happiness as money and wealth. But some people see it another way round. And James is definitely the latter. His happiness is being able to indulge himself in music, to be able to sing, to convey his messages through his voice and lyrics in the songs he composed.

        I am a simple girl. I do not know how it feels like to be genuine happy, neither do i know how happiness looks like. because when i feel happy, at the same time im worry about something else. I really respect James for his courages to pursue his dreams and chase after his happiness, i would rather would say he has make his happiness come true. we never know how much it takes to make the decision.

         Then it makes me realize that sometimes happiness are just few centrimetres away from us. And it all depends on us, whether we have the courages to decide. To decide a decision that can change you for the rest of your life.

No comments: