Sunday, September 3, 2017

End of my year 3.

Can't believe how time flies. I have successfully finished my first internship.
Still remember how nervous I was when I went to the ward during the first day (even though I have previously posted to the ward before, like of all my friends, I'm the only panicking, LOL)

I'm so lucky to be able to posted to medical ward, coz not only the ward sisters are very friendly and nice, most of the staffs were friendly and willing to teach too. I heard from my friends that things were pretty hardcore at surgical ward, and I felt really blessed that I'm not posted to the ward during my first Internship. Not only things were crazy over there, the lecturer who supervise them were crazy and insane as well.

My internship went pretty smoothly, except when there was one time I worked as team leader and there's pregnant stuff nurse who was unwilling to teach us anything about team leadership. She did all the admission by herself and I felt pretty useless working under her supervision. I mean the only thing she ever allowed student to do were things like checking whether the cleaner has cleaned the bed, whether the beds were ready for admission, if not, you have to put on the bed sheet and make sure the cubicle is clean enough for admission. I felt pretty useless working under her. I did not know whether she's being hormonal or what, but I can feel that she's having issues with student nurses. Anyhow, I only worked under her for once, and that was really dreadful. Unlike my friends who need to work under her for twice, I count myself as lucky.


Since it's medical ward, the mortality rate was pretty high, especially those who stayed in the high dependency unit (HDU). I have came across patient who was doing just fine and was about to discharge but suddenly collapsed and passed away. Seeing their relatives and family members breaking down in the corridor is just heart breaking. It reminded me of the time when my grandpa passed away. Life is just so fragile never take things for granted, you'll never know when bad things gonna happen. 





No comments: